Monday, December 15, 2008

Supernatural Experiences are for You!

SUPERNATURAL EXPERIANCES ARE FOR YOU

by Ian Johnson

Before I was a Christian I seemed to have a lot of Spiritual experiences, (over 30 years ago) Most were not good encounters, all designed to hold me in fear of the supernatural realm. There were three beings who hassled me a lot as a Child, they weren’t nice at all. I once saw a huge horse and rider with open eye as he sped just above the ground along the road near our home.

When I became a Christian at the age of 18 all of this stopped, although I loved the moving of the Holy Spirit in my life and I had impressions of the spiritual realm. I didn’t "see" for many years. Mostly I think because my early experience had been negative.

I am greatly indebted to Kathie Walters for encouraging me that the supernatural realm & Angels are part of our inheritance as Sons of the most high God.(Kathie has some excellent teaching material and resources for sale on her website www.goodnews.netministries.org/kathie )

Many have been asking me about "How" to access the supernatural realm. So although I don’t have all the answers, I do have a desire to see all God’s children enjoy the realms of Glory.

Jesus said : "Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I assure you, anyone who doesn’t have their kind of faith will never get into the Kingdom of God." (Mark 10)

A loved Child generally always accepts that Father knows best, and is not afraid as long as the father is there also. This is the kind of Faith our Father delights in. When you, His child puts your total trust in God your Father, and says Daddy as long as you are with me I will be OK.

So step one is accepting that our supernatural Father lives in a supernatural world and wants to give us supernatural gifts. Accepting that, if we ask for a fish he won’t give us a stone. Come as a Child! Or with the faith of a child.

Hunger & thirst for all that the Lord has for us is naturally required, although you can’t force any thing. One thing supernatural Sons have learnt is that Jesus is our Sabbath rest. Hebrews 4:10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

The thing that limits us seeing into the supernatural, more than anything, is our frantic works and striving. God has a word for his Sons. "Chill out"

I’ve learnt that when the Father speaks, that is the time to listen, A good example of this was in the middle of a Jill Austin meeting I was really enjoying. The father said. Go and sit on the floor I want to show you something. Now I could have said, but I’m really enjoying this message and I might miss out on something. But I chose to sit on the floor and listen to the Lord.

Almost instantly I was carried in the spirit into a supernatural visitation. An Angel arrived, and instantly I was high above the clouds, much higher than I have been before you could see the arc of the Earth. I saw thousands, probably millions of chariots and Angels in groups of 3 to perhaps 30 all waiting. I asked "who are these and what are they doing," the Angel said "they wait" "Wait for what" I asked? "Instructions" his reply, "from the Lord" I asked? "No they already have instructions from the Lord; they wait for his people to see and to believe, He is the Lord of the harvest and he has harvesters assigned to instruct the host but most don’t see and don’t believe." "Are all these assigned to the harvest" I said? "Yes all" he said. "Come I need to show you more" I was in a place, on earth or in heaven I do not know. I saw millions all dressed in white and shining like the lightning’s of God, all shouting and praising and full of worship. The angel looked at me knowing my question; "these are the great cloud of witnesses cheering on the saints on earth they know that the saints of earth must command the host."I heard a voice loud and like liquid, "Tell my people I love to bless, and I love to full them with joy. Tell them to open their eyes to see; for they are not alone, I must bring in the harvest. This blessing I am sending out is for harvest, command the host, command the host!"

I could have missed it, if I had been more concerned with frantic learning, than listening to the Lords voice.

Step two then is rest in HIS works, this doesn’t mean you don’t do any thing, it just means we need to learn to do only what the Father asks us to do.

Kathie Walters says, God doesn’t anoint what you do, He anoints what he does! I love that saying, and it makes our walk so much more enjoyable.

Being Led by the Spirit is a natural expression of our supernatural walk. After all, Romans tells us, "Those who are led by the Spirit of God, are the Sons of God"

Recently I was talking to a dear friend who can’t see why seeing in the Spirit is all that important, She couldn’t see what relevance seeing Angels & Chariots, and supernatural signs had to being a Christian in 2007. My response is simple If we are being led by the Spirit as true Sons & Daughters, then we will have Spiritual experiences. On the other hand, if we are being led by Programs and a Greek mentality of excellence, which is really just another word for dead works we wont have spiritual encounters to the same level.

When I look at Church history most of the people who are remembered just wouldn’t cut it, in today's Greek thinking Church.

It requires a change of mindset, from Greek excellence to Hebrew belief in an excellent God, who does excellent things. Like all good Fathers desires to include His Children in his world, leading them into new adventures in the Spirit daily.

Step three is being Led by the Spirit. The more we allow ourselves to be led, the more Natural it seems to be in the Spirit.

For example Peter in Acts 12 was in prison, and an Angel came alongside him and dug him in the ribs and said get up, put your clothes on, and come with me.

So Peter left the cell, following the angel. But all the time he thought it was a vision. He didn’t realize it was really happening. They passed the first and second guard posts and came to the iron gate to the street, and this opened to them all by itself. So they passed through and started walking down the street, and then the angel suddenly left him. Peter finally realized what had happened. "It’s really true!" he said to himself.

Here is a good example of being Led in a very natural way, but he didn’t know if it was a dream or if it was real. I guarantee many of you who read this will say to yourself, I’ve had experiences just like that.

We have to learn to co-operate with our visions, that’s when they go from being dream like, to very vivid.

My first Chariot ride was just like that, Lying on the floor in a meeting I saw an Angel and chariot pull up beside me, not overly clear, but I knew it was there, The Angel said hop in, and I saw myself co-operating with the vision, and in an instant I was in the vision, it was real and clear see the testimony www.papelim.org.nz/page12.html

Like Peter, there is often a moment of wondering, is this real or not. The more we co-operate with the Holy Spirit in our dreams and visions, the more we will walk in the supernatural. But don’t be discouraged if you are not sure, because when Peter had his Acts 12 experience, He had just finished having his Acts 10 experience, which was the vision of the clean & unclean animals, and His call to include the Gentiles.

Its ok to wonder, but don’t let the wondering turn to unbelief. Just keep co-operating with the dream or vision until it is more real and clear.

Be alert to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I have had experiences with Angels and supernatural events, especially concerning other countries and ministries that have caused me to ask the Lord, why he was showing me. His answer has always been the same, He had tried to speak to others but they don’t obey the prompting to come aside.

One example of this is when the Lord showed me his plan for Portugal, I felt the prompting of the Lord to come aside, I obeyed and very quickly I was confronted with the Angel of Portugal, very awesome, the experience is recounted on my website www.papelim.org.nz/page12.html at the bottom of the Chariots testimony.

The language of the bible is full of, Come aside, follow me, Come up here. I’m sure I miss it as well, but I am learning to obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit, no matter how inconvenient they may seem at the time.

Many of you will be getting ready to have a break over Christmas, and I know many use this time to seek the Lord. Just remember to be like a Child, rest in His works, be led by the Spirit of God and obey the prompting of the Holy Spirit. It may just open the gate into 2008. As Sons & Daughters soar in the Spirit this holiday season.

IAN JOHNSON. ianjohn@xtra.co.nz www.papelim.org.nz





No comments: