Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spirit Travel

Shalom from Jerusalem!

Spirit Travel


Enoch - Translated

(Gen 5:22) And Enoch walked with God after he begot Methuselah three hundred years, and begot sons and daughters:

(Gen 5:24) And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

(Heb 11:5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, (that he was not) that he pleased God.

Enoch entered into a place of fellowship, communion and unity with God until there was nothing left of his will, himself. Somehow Enoch emptied himself and positioned himself so he could see the disestablishment of law.

He emptied himself of his desires and became love. He so emptied himself that God was able to fill him with love, such that he was transformed. There had to be some kind of change for Enoch to go into that other realm.


Moses - Saw the Tabernacle in Heaven

(Exo 25:9) According to all that I show thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

(Act 7:44) Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen.

He saw it. Moses traveled by the Spirit. Moses was caught up in the Spirit into the Throne Room. He saw the pattern of things in the heavens. Supernaturally he was able to remember it and describe it down to the last detail according to the pattern which he had seen.

He was caught up into another dimension. He was commissioned to release it on the earth. And because that revelation was released, the craftsmen could build it.



Moses - Sees the Past As God's Glory Passes By

(Exo 33:22) And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand (power) while I pass by:

(Exo 33:23) And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

I believe that when he had the experience on the mountain, he was able to look back all the way to the Creation and see it as it played out, and also all the way to the future.

Even Enoch saw a day beyond our day. He said, "I saw the Lord come with ten thousands of His saints."

In the realm of the spirit, there is no chronos time. It is only eternity. Moses was caught up in the realm of the spirit. I believe there is a realm where we can get caught up like Moses was.


Elijah - Ran Faster than Ahab's Chariot

(1Ki 18:38) Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

(1Ki 18:46) And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.

I was surprised to find out that most liberal theologians think that was supernatural. There’s only one thing that I can think of that would enable a natural man to run faster than a chariot pulled by horses and that is by the power of the Spirit of God.

Elijah - Reputation for Appearing and Disappearing

(1Ki 18:12) And it shall come to pass, as soon as I am gone from thee, that the Spirit of the LORD shall carry thee whither I know not; and so when I come and tell Ahab, and he cannot find thee, he shall slay me: but I thy servant fear the LORD from my youth.


This is the reputation that Elijah has – that he appears and disappears, he’s carried here and he’s carried there. He had a reputation of traveling in the spirit, of stepping into that other realm, of being carried by the Spirit.


Elijah - Carried to Heaven in a Chariot of Fire by a Whirlwind




(2Ki 2:11) And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.








Ezekiel - Carried by the Spirit to the River of Chebar

(Eze 3:12) Then the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, saying, Blessed be the glory of the LORD from his place.

(Eze 3:13) I heard also the noise of the wings of the living creatures that touched one another, and the noise of the wheels over against them, and a noise of a great rushing.

(Eze 3:14) So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me.

(Eze 3:15) Then I came to them of the captivity at Tel-abib, that dwelt by the river of Chebar, and I sat where they sat, and remained there astonished among them seven days.



Ezekiel - Lifted Up by the Spirit to Jerusalem


(Eze 8:1) And it came to pass in the sixth year, in the sixth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I sat in mine house, and the elders of Judah sat before me, that the hand of the Lord GOD fell there upon me.

(Eze 8:2) Then I beheld, and lo a likeness as the appearance of fire: from the appearance of his loins even downward, fire; and from his loins even upward, as the appearance of brightness, as the color of amber.

(Eze 8:3) And he put forth the form of a hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.

(Eze 8:4) And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain.

He was physically picked up by this Being of Fire. In Hebrew it means he was shaken from the head. Do it, Lord!

He was in Babylon. This is 592 BC – six years after the Jews have been taken to Babylon from Jerusalem. The Hand brings him in the visions of God to Jerusalem. This is spiritual travel.

This is an amazing thing. The Jews are longing to know what is going on in Jerusalem. He was carried into a realm, a dimension, to Jerusalem. He was able to know what was going on in Jerusalem and it matched what he had already been shown in the plain. This confirmed what he had been shown.


Ezekiel - Brought to the Temple To Prophesy Restoration Over Jerusalem

(Eze 11:1) Moreover the spirit lifted me up, and brought me unto the east gate of the LORD's house, which looketh eastward: and behold at the door of the gate five and twenty men; among whom I saw Jaazaniah the son of Azur, and Pelatiah the son of Benaiah, princes of the people.

(Eze 11:24) Afterwards the spirit took me up, and brought me in a vision by the Spirit of God into Chaldea, to them of the captivity. So the vision that I had seen went up from me.

(Eze 11:25) Then I spoke unto them of the captivity all the things that the LORD had showed me.

Ezekiel was back and forth to Jerusalem in the spirit. He could have gotten many frequent flier miles.

This is what is so powerful – God let him decree a powerful Word over Jerusalem and then carried him back. God takes him from Babylon in the spirit to Jerusalem, he sees the sickened condition, prophesies a Word of restoration over Jerusalem and all of heaven heard. That’s the power of prophetic release!


Ezekiel - Carried in the Spirit to the Valley of Dry Bones


(Eze 37:1) The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,


The whole book of Ezekiel is that "He picked me up and brought me there," etc.






Ezekiel - Transported to a Temple in Jerusalem that Did Not Yet Exist

(Eze 43:1) Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looketh toward the east:

(Eze 43:2) And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

(Eze 43:3) And it was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw, even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city: and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell upon my face.

(Eze 43:4) And the glory of the LORD came into the house by the way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east.

(Eze 43:5) So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house.

Here he was taken to a Temple which did not yet exist. He was physically transported in the spirit to a place that had not yet come to be. He was carried to a future time in the spirit.


Not Just For the Prophets and Disciples

I do not believe it was just for the disciples or those in the Old and New Testaments. All of creation groaneth. Why would creation be groaning if the laws of the spirit were not to supercede the laws of nature?

If you get carried away, there will be a change. You will be different.

I feel like there is going to be a sudden release at some point. That salve so we are able to see. I believe there is going to come anointed vision where we can really see.

I see there will be more dreams released, but some of you are going to come out of dream cycles into visions and supernatural experiences with God.


Yeshua - In Nazareth, Passes Through a Crowd That Wants To Kill Him


(Luk 4:28) And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

(Luk 4:29) And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

(Luk 4:30) But he passing through the midst of them went his way,

(Luk 4:31) And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days.

(Luk 4:32) And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

We think "headlong" means "head first," but in Greek it means "backward." As a crowd, they are pushing Him farther and farther back toward the edge of the hill. But in verse 30, they get Him to the place where they could push Him off and something happens.

The same thing happened to Elijah and Ezekiel – spiritual travel – being able to move by the Spirit to another place.

He brought a demonstration of power and authority – one way was the reputation of what happened on the cliff in Nazareth.

"Passing" means "travel." "Through" means "like a channel." Some have thought the crowd parted and He walked through the midst. But the laws of the spirit supercede the laws of the natural.


Yeshua - Carried into the Wilderness To Be Tempted


(Luk 4:1) And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

(Luk 4:2) Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

He went forty days without eating and was not hungry – that’s supernatural. He was fine because He was walking in the Spirit.

When we think "led by the Spirit," we think it means like a carrot in front of a donkey, but in the original language it says, "He was led by the Spirit – brought, driven, or carried - into the wilderness."

It does not mean He was inspired by the Spirit. He was either brought to the wilderness, driven (like a foot in your back), or carried. I have a feeling He was translated from wherever He was to where God wanted Him. It was more than just an impression that He should go.

Yeshua - Walks on Water, Gets in Ship Which Immediately Lands



(Joh 6:19) So when they had rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see Jesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid.

(Joh 6:20) But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.

(Joh 6:21) Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.

He is walking on the water. There had to be a change in His molecules to enable Him to do it. Something happened in His physical body by the supernatural. It is happening right now in the earth.

They said, "Come on in." It’s a blessing that they did because immediately the boat was on the shore – twenty or thirty furlongs away. The boat and the disciples who were with Him were transplanted to the shore. As soon as they received Him in, immediately they were on the shore. He spared them the horror of the storm.

(Joh 6:22) The day following, when the people which stood on the other side of the sea saw that there was none other boat there, save that one whereinto his disciples were entered, and that Jesus went not with his disciples into the boat, but that his disciples were gone away alone;

(Joh 6:23) (Howbeit there came other boats from Tiberias nigh unto the place where they did eat bread, after that the Lord had given thanks:)

(Joh 6:24) When the people therefore saw that Jesus was not there, neither his disciples, they also took shipping, and came to Capernaum, seeking for Jesus.

(Joh 6:25) And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither?

They did not know that He had walked on the water nor that the boat had supernaturally got them to the land.

What was it that inspired them to ask this question? It was knowing that something supernatural had taken place. "We saw your disciples leave in the boat and You were not with them. Something is going on. There was only one boat and You didn’t take it. How did You get here?"

Yeshua - Suddenly Appears in Closed Room after His Resurrection



(Joh 20:19) Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

He came through either the walls or the doors that were closed.


Peter - Supernatural Escape from Prison



(Act 12:6) And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison.

(Act 12:7) And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.

It doesn’t matter what happens, it is a good day when the angel of the Lord comes in. His chains fell off from his hands. Something happened. We don’t see anything in the Greek that they burst or a key was provided. There was some sort of supernatural change – molecules changed or something.


(Act 12:8) And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me.

(Act 12:9) And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision.

This whole event was so supernatural that he thought it was a vision. There was a speeding up of this process. When it was over, he didn’t think it happened in the natural.


(Act 12:10) When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him.

This whole escape was supernatural from start to finish. The miracle happened in another realm. In the realm of the spirit, the Lord delivered him from his adversary. It appears that the metal of the shackles just passed through his body.

God spoke to a door made of iron to open up, and the door obeyed Him. The choosing of the words in Greek assigned personality to the door as though it had a personality – "opened to them of his own accord."

The whole thing is supernatural. If you look at it this way, you really have nothing to fear.

(Act 12:11) And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent his angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews.

What happened to these prison guards? Peter was traveling in the spirit realm. Their eyes could have been wide open and not see him. God has a way of doing what He needs to do.

(Act 12:18) Now as soon as it was day, there was no small stir among the soldiers, what was become of Peter.

They didn’t see him leave, which means he stepped into another realm. There were guards on either side of him, and they didn’t see him leave, nor did they hear the chains as they mysteriously passed through his body. He had a molecular change in his body.

Philip - Caught Away by the Spirit After Baptizing the Ethiopian Eunuch

(Act 8:39) And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

(Act 8:40) But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.

It sounds like the Ethiopian expected him to disappear.

"Spirit" is "pneuma," which means "breath of air." "Caught away" means "seize, pluck up, take by force" – spirit travel. That’s a great Scriptural proof of spirit travel.



John - Immediately Was in the Spirit and Taken to Heaven


(Rev 1:10) I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

"In the Spirit" means "I was positioned and resting in the breath of God and I heard the Voice of God." It sounds like soaking to me.

(Rev 4:1) After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter.


"Come up" means "ascend, arise, climb."

(Rev 4:2) And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

"Immediately" means "directly, at once, in an instant." He was in the spirit and saw the Throne. It took less than a moment of time.

I have got to say this. The key to all of this is positioning. John would have missed this opportunity if he hadn’t have been sensitive to the Spirit.

Modern Testimonies of Spirit Travel


Now we are having modern testimonies. I believe it is something that needs to be released and leaned into. I don’t believe it is something we are praying for, but as we begin to empty ourselves like Enoch did, we can begin to walk in this real place of walking with the Lord.

Neville Johnson had an experience where he went to Mongolia in the spirit and talked to the Mongolians. He wasn’t in a vision. He told them someone would come to them to tell them more. Shortly thereafter, his associate felt by the Spirit to go to Mongolia.

Bob Jones told me about when the Pillar of Fire came in his truck. He was in Tennessee driving along. The next thing he knew, he was in Macon, Georgia. He said, "I didn’t drive all those miles."

Bob Jones and Mike Bickle had an experience getting suddenly to the airport. Then they left the car keys with angels at the entrance to the airport and ran in. There is no way they could have made that flight otherwise.

My own experience was that I was in intense travail for a couple staying on our campground. I found myself in my pajamas in my bare feet laying hands on their mobile home. Then I remember the acceleration of being lifted up, and I was standing on my porch with mud between my toes. The door was locked. My mother came to the door. Mother said, "Steve, what’s going on? Why are you outside? You’ve got your pajamas on."

I have tracked mud in the house. I had to rinse off my feet. An associate and I went there the next day, and there were the footprints. There were three prints of each foot where I had backed up. We knew that God had done something. It was scary then. It is scary telling it, but it is my destiny.


Pastor Shelley Traveled Backwards in Time

In Pastor Shelley's Tuesday night service this week, he reminded us of how several years ago he traveled backwards in time to see Bro. William Branham praying the night before the accident that would cause his death.

God took me some years ago backward in the spirit. How does that work? He took me in a vision to a bedroom and showed me the clock on the night stand. I saw Bro. Branham, who had died in 1965, kneeling by the bed. And I heard his prayer. And it has kept me going a long time now. He had both hands lifted like this.

He was on the way back from Tucson to Jeffersonville when the accident happened. This was the night before the accident. He was praying. The Spirit of God was communing with him about my day. God was talking to him by the Spirit about this overcoming Body, this Bridal company, the full adoption of Sons, and so forth.

With a real brokenness, he said, "Oh, Father, let me live to see that day." I saw the look that came over his face as he received the knowledge that he would not physically live to see that day.

And I heard him pray for me – not by name, but for me, for my generation. He said, "If these eyes were not meant to see it, I pray for those who will."

I will tell you how that made me feel when I heard Bro. Branham praying for the generation that would live to see these things. I felt like Peter felt when Jesus said, "Satan has desired to sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you, Peter, that your faith fail not." That must have been encouraging for Peter to know that Jesus, Messiah, had prayed for him.

It was pretty encouraging for me to know that Bro. Branham had prayed for me as part of a generation that would see these things.








No comments: