Psalm 29 for 2009"
The Voice of the Lord
In the last few weeks I've been asking the Lord what 2009 holds for the Body of Christ and the corporate Church. The Lord said that this year will be filled with the release and reverberations of His Voice. He told me it's the year of the release of the "Voice of the Lord" in Psalm 29.
Psalm 29 - A Psalm of David (amplified version):
1. ASCRIBE TO the Lord, O sons of the mighty, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
2. Give to the Lord the glory due to His name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness or in holy array.
3. The voice of the Lord is upon the waters; the God of glory thunders; the Lord is upon many (great) waters.
4. The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.
5. The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars; yes, the Lord breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.
6. He makes them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion (Mount Hermon) like a young, wild ox.
7. The voice of the Lord splits and flashes forth forked lightning.
8. The voice of the Lord makes the wilderness tremble; the Lord shakes the Wilderness of Kadesh.
9. The voice of the Lord makes the hinds bring forth their young, and His voice strips bare the forests, while in His temple everyone is saying, Glory!
10. The Lord sat as King over the deluge; the Lord [still] sits as King [and] forever!
11. The Lord will give [unyielding and impenetrable] strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.
The Voice of Healing and Creative Power
"The voice of the Lord is powerful..." (verse 4). This is the year of "only speak the word and my servant will be healed" (see Matthew 8:8). It's a year of the spoken Word that manifests tangible power. Great power surges will take place in 2009. We'll see an increase and a release of consistent power. Scripture reveals that Jesus came into a region and healed all the sick. 2009 and beyond will prove to bring a more consistent release of power into many regions around the world.
"...the voice of the Lord is full of majesty" (verse 4). 2009 will also be the voice of the Lord that releases creative power on the masses! In 2008, we traveled extensively throughout the nations. Like never before, in conferences and crusades, we witnessed the raw power of God released with explosive demonstrations of creative miracles - this will only increase in 2009. I believe we will see more extremities recreated in crusade and glory gathering events around the world. The world is looking for the God of the Bible, and He intends to be found!
Yielded Broken Vessels of Christ's Love and the Voice of Authority
"The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars...the cedars of Lebanon" (verse 5). According to Scripture, trees are like men (see Mark 8:24). This is a season and a year of breaking and making the men and women of God - either being qualified or disqualified for the next level of glory. We will see many young "Johnny-Come-Latelies" rise on the scene and demonstrate glorious wonders and signs never before witnessed as yielded broken vessels of Christ's love.
"The voice of the Lord splits and flashes forth forked lightning" (verse 7). Job 37 also states that God does not restrain His lightnings! This will be a year of the release of new assignments of angels that will be working with those who release the fresh voice of the Lord in authority - angelic thunders and roars will be released. Angels listen for the voice of authority coming from the sons of the Almighty. "Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, you His angels, you mighty ones who do His commandments, hearkening to the voice of His word" (Psalm 103:20).
Birthing That Which Comes from the Wilderness and Preparation for the Greater Glory Works
"The voice of the Lord makes the hinds bring forth their young..." (verse 9). This will be a year of birthing that which comes from the wilderness! This is a year of stepping forward into possessing your inheritance. Don't be alarmed at the trials that arise - as though "some strange thing has happened to you." It's the perfecting, trying, and proving of your faith that will settle the matter once and for all. This is a year for settling issues so you can be thrust forward and birthed into your destiny! Settle it now: God is supernatural and so are we!
"The voice of the Lord...strips bare the forests (stripping away everything that seems to hinder and entangle us), while in His temple everyone is saying, 'Glory!'" (verse 9) This is a year of God releasing greater glory in the earth. We are the temple He is preparing for greater glory works! We are His sanctuary!
The Voice of the Lord in the Earth
In the midst of calamity in the earth, "The Lord sat as King over the deluge; the Lord (still) sits as King (and) forever! The Lord will give (unyielding and impenetrable) strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace" (verses 10-11).
"Whoever speaks, (let him do it as one who utters) oracles of God..." (1 Peter 4:11). This year the mature sons and daughters will arise and speak as the oracles of God - literally the Voice of the Lord in the earth.
Global Fire Ministries