Monday, May 18, 2009

God is always ministering to us!

Al Thomas:
"God is Always Ministering to Us - Even While We Slumber"

God has no physical body, so He doesn't need to sleep or eat. When you read that God "rests" it simply means He has stopped doing something. God never gets tired or weary (see Isaiah 40:28). He never closes His eyes; "He is always watching, never sleeping" (see Psalm 121:3-4). We need to sleep, and when we do, God is doing something for us, always ministering to us, even while we slumber (see Psalm 127:2).

An Angelic Visitation I Experienced

I'm always reluctant to share experiences with angels because I don't want people thinking I'm obsessed with the supernatural. I don't seek "experiences," yet I constantly have them. I have found that if I seek Jesus, inevitably I experience the supernatural. We must be discerning and not willing to just accept all experiences as "from God," but test the spirits (see 1 John 4:1).

In the early 80s (while pastoring in Wisconsin), I was awakened by an angel standing in my bedroom. Even though I was already convinced this was God's angel (since he had visited me before), I pleaded the Blood of Jesus (see 2 Corinthians 11:14), because angelic visitations are not small things. He spoke: "Someone lied to you, and you have believed this lie for many years." Then I saw a vision of my father screaming at me when I was about 12 years old. My father said, "You will never be anything, you will always be a bum."

The angel said, "You must forgive him. He loved you, but did not know how to show it, nor understand the damage those words would cause you." I had completely blocked that memory out of my mind. I forgave my father and I felt a huge weight lifted off of me. The angel said, "You are not a failure. Go forth, knowing you will succeed." I loved my dad and I know he loved me, but showing affection was very difficult for him when he was a young father. Then the angel disappeared.

Some of the other things the angel showed me:

As You Sleep, God Does Your Worrying

Bishop William Quayle awoke at night because of worry and heard God say to him, "Quayle, you go to bed; I'll sit up the rest of the night." Of course God never worries, but He is very concerned about you. Worry is unbelief in disguise. If you knew how concerned He is about you, you would never worry again (see Philippians 4:6).

"How precious it is, Lord, to realize that You are thinking about me constantly."—Psalm 139:17

Some of you occasionally worry about your children. Your Father is thinking about you every moment of the day. When you lay your head down at night, He continues to have thoughts about you. He never stops thinking about you.

Psalm 40:5 says, "Many, O LORD my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done; and Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to You in order; if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered."

Imagine how precious you are to God! Many think sleep is a waste of time, but not God. He utilizes it for your good.

As You Sleep, God is Planning Each Step of Your Future

God did not haphazardly put you here on this earth without a plan (see Proverbs 3:6). He has a future for you. He didn't just save you and then throw you into some strange predicament and say, "Good luck, I hope you make it." You were not just accidentally dropped here due to some cosmic misunderstanding. You are here on purpose.

"I know the plans I have for you; they are plans for good, not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."—Jeremiah 29:11

I was amazed when he said, "Many of God's children do not ask the Father what His plans are for them. If they did, He would tell them" (see Psalm 48:14; Matthew 7:7-11). Ask Him to show you His plans for you (see Jeremiah 33:3). He's waiting and longs to hear from you.

As Christians Sleep, God is Straightening Their Crooked Paths

Some of you are experiencing crooked, confusing paths (mentally and circumstantially). Often, these are simply indicators of God saying, "You are meant to learn something here" (see Romans 8:28). Some people see every problem or bump in the road as evil or bad. Although it is true that we have an adversary (see 1 Peter 5:8), it is also true that many blame the devil for things he never did.

God is constantly working the character of His Son in us (see Galatians 4:19) and often uses uncomfortable circumstances to accomplish it. What you see as obstacles, God sees as opportunities to bring you closer to Him (see Psalm 119:67). God never takes shortcuts and He is never in a hurry. Each night while you are innocently snoozing, He is lovingly calculating new ways to make your paths straight (see Hebrews 12:12-13).

Many Weary Saints Will Be Awakened by Angels...Be Ready

Your heavenly Father has an interesting habit of waking up His children in the middle of the night. An angel struck Peter on the side to awaken him and deliver him from prison (see Acts 12:5-10). Sometimes God will awaken you so He can have your complete attention.

An angel never comes "just to drop in" or because he happened "to be in the neighborhood." There is always a purpose. Companies of angels are loading up supplies (wisdom, direction, finances, healings and buckets of spiritual refreshment), getting ready to visit the Church. Many are going to be awakened by God while they sleep to be ministered to and delivered from past hurts or long term relationships that people never thought would be resolved. Be expectant and prepared for a visitation.

Before you go to bed, pray, and say, "God, I give You permission to awaken me at any time during this evening." He knows exactly where you live (see Acts 17:26) and He knows what time zone you are in. I believe that everyone has a personal guardian angel (see Acts 12:3-10), yet this is beyond that. They are about to bring some of their friends.

"YE SHALL SEE HEAVEN OPEN, AND THE ANGELS OF GOD ASCENDING AND DESCENDING..."—John 1:51

Al Thomas
Celebrating His Life Ministries

Email: a.thomas@myactv.net

Prayer Request for Al Thomas

My name is Justin Thomas and my Dad is Al Thomas. ElijahList routinely posts his prophetic words, and I know you would be interested in his recent events.

About two weeks ago, my Dad, Al Thomas, was suffering from acute shortness of breath and sudden blood loss. He visited his family doctor who tested him, and immediately sent him to the hospital where he received several pints of blood. They found the source of his bleeding as a small tumor in his esophagus. He was diagnosed with esophageal cancer on May 4th. Obviously, any diagnosis of disease is very disheartening, yet we have immediately countered with the report of the Lord that "by His scourging, we are healed."

In the next few days, the doctors want to move forward with chemotherapy and radiation, and shortly afterward, surgery. This treatment will require him not to minister for six months.

I am asking you in this season to stand with us and
agree with him for his complete healing. It is clear that God has said, "I am willing," through His Son, Jesus Christ. The whole of Scriptures are weighty with the glory that God is both able and willing to minister His covenant healing to His children.

He knows that healing is promised, and he is open to God's avenue in any way it will come. Please be led in your prayers for his healing, provision, and overall countenance. God will do a good thing. I know he would greatly appreciate any letters or notes of encouragement and prayer.

Thank you for partnering with him.

His son,

Justin Thomas




No comments: