Tuesday, October 27, 2009

O God, awaken us!



Doug Addison:
"The Last Move of God Was the Wilderness"



On September 8, 2009, I had a night vision in which I was taken to an aerial view of various parts of the world. I was shown vast landscapes of lush grasslands that were teeming with new life. I could see exotic plants and trees and I knew in my spirit that what I was seeing was a new move from God that had come upon the earth to bring about a radical revival. Suddenly, a massive wave of destruction came upon the greenery. The whole scene was consumed and only a barren wasteland was left in its place. I watched in shock and felt disappointed and distressed at what I had witnessed. Then the audible voice of God spoke to me in the vision and said, "I released something new from Heaven but My people were not ready for it, so I had to bring a wilderness time to purge things that were not of Me." As I woke from the experience a very strong presence of God was in my bedroom.


Something New Started in 2005

The Holy Spirit spoke to me that God planned the start of something new in 2005, that would bring about a new level of anointing. This new level was intended to awaken a new revival. But because we were not ready for it, He changed it into a wilderness time instead. From 2005 to 2009, many people struggled through a major time of purging, testing and realignment. Wilderness experiences from God are necessary in order to refine and prepare us.

Hosea 2:14-15 NIV "Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope..."

God released many promises to the Church in 2005. Some promises have been delayed and are now being released. Our ministry was located in Los Angeles around that time. We were gathering the resources and people to start a training and outreach center near Hollywood. We had been given a sizable grant to support the work, but in 2005 it was as though every door closed for us. We eventually gave the grant back and moved to Moravian Falls, North Carolina. We were literally placed in the wilderness (we lived in the woods of North Carolina) and we experienced a very difficult time for three years, including a very limited amount of influence and favor. Then in 2009, we were suddenly sent back to the West Coast to start a training center—this time in Santa Maria, California.

We are now in a time of realignment and restarting. Many prophetic words and promises got sidetracked or delayed, and some are now void because of the sudden switch in the spirit. If you have gone through difficult and unclear times over the past few years, this may very well be the reason why. Had God allowed the new movement to come in the condition we were in, it may have destroyed us.


A Time of Awakening

Throughout the month of September, I kept hearing a line from a song on the radio, "Wake me up when September ends." This is very much like the call going out from God right now—He will be waking many of His people up in the month of October. This is the time to press in to God and ask Him for more clarity. We will all see some type of answered prayer during this month. You will need to watch for it. Those who are not paying attention may miss this fresh time of God's visitation. God is visiting our situations, our families, jobs, relationships, and ministries, and a trumpet blast is going out to call people to awaken! We will see some strange events in the months to come and a massive amount of sudden changes and turnarounds. If we stay centered on God, we will not be shaken.

Check for yourself—think back and look at the year 2005 and see if anything unusual happened. Were you going one direction when things switched and seemed to dry up? As I have asked people this question, I am hearing story after story of how God had either made a promise that didn't seem to work out, or some even saw a new move of God start that suddenly got cut off.

This is what I believe God is saying, "Just as suddenly as things changed and were cut off in 2005, I am now renewing and reviving situations—suddenly! I am parting the Red Sea once again and making the impossible possible. Watch Me, and give Me glory as your life and ministry are restored and renewed in this very hour."

Prayer: "God, awaken us to what You are doing in our lives right now. Give us eyes to see and ears that can hear what You are doing. Amen."


Doug Addison
InLight Connection 
Email: info@dougaddison.com









No comments: